Instagram is a mobile photo-sharing app and also a social network. It was launched in october 2010. It is a growing channel and a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Especially for businesses, it is a way to humanize your brand and showcase your company. Today, Instagram become so popular because of its feature that allows people to share their photos and provide tools to edit their pictures before sharing them. Unless you are famous, it really hard to have a huge following on Instagram without some hard work.
We are discussing here some ways to engage your audience on instagram.
1) Use hashtags such as #FF( Follow Friday), #instafollow, #l4l(Like for Like), #tagforlikes and # follow back etc to increase followers.
2) Promote your Instagram account on other social media account and profiles and tell people what they can expect once they are following you i.e photos, coupons etc.
3) Researcher shows that your post time will affect your audience, the peak time to post on Instagram is on Wednesday evenings at 5 pm and 6 pm. This is the time when most of the users are active.
4) Search for the people who are using popular hashtags like #followme, #likeforlike and follow them. They will follow you back.
5) Like and comment on other user’s photos. This is the most natural way to increase your followers.
6) Post on Sunday as it is seen that on Sunday fewest images posts so that your images may get more visibility.
7) Use olapic which helps you to see which type of photos are leading highest engagment and then post them more.
8) Consistency in your post is important. Use Latergramme to schedule your Instagram posts when you are busy. It helps you to maintain regularity in your post.
9) To catch the attention of a local user, use geotagging especially when you are a local business as others who will post photos in your region will see your images on the location’s page.
10) Use PicFrame to combine up to 9 photos or videos and post multiple photos into a collage for maximum engagement.
11) Follow all your Facebook friend on Instagram and many of them will follow you back. Share user generated images and reshare your follower’s images, this encourages others to share photos of your product as well.
12) Caption your photos with a funny or unique comment. Give a little explanation of what the picture is all about or where the picture is taken. The asking question will encourage people to comment on your photos.
13) Use the TagForLikes app to maximizes the number of likes your posts get. It allows you to copy and paste a list of tags that are trending that day.
14) Avoid posting too many pictures per day. Post 2 or 3 photos a day. Make people get excited about your next post.
15) Tag people that you may not know but have some connection to your picture so that they may follow you back.